Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Lonely Times: Fall

I know of a place near my house
Where colours dance on leaves floating in the wind.
The tall trees though are proud and silent
Bearing her absence with dignity.
They were not always so: in summer they laughed with her
But now she comes no more.

The roads are full of forgotten leaves:
Trampling over them to reach my home
I think of her; of the brown waves that danced
Their dainty way into my miserable heart.

(It was beautiful to fall for her
I was full of her and she, of me.
But now I am lonely, where is she?)

--Shyam.

10 comments:

madatadam said...

hey, thanks for the comment.
basically im working on a 4-seasons-without-her theme. the first stanza of 6 lines conventional wailing & image poetry, the next 4 lines allusive, transitional and working shades of meaning into the poem. the last 3 lines in paranthesis, on surface a conventional conclusion but with a risque undertone.

and yea, the pangs of discontent - for the woman who isnt here with me ;-)

ammani said...

Nice, very nice. 'They were not always so: in summer they laughed with her' - lovely line.
Thanks for coming by.

Anonymous said...

shyam! donno if u would remember me...shankar, alak, EE, 2 yrs junior to you (2001-05)

happened to visit ur blog - poem is really nice!

madatadam said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
madatadam said...

Ammani, thanks... really enjoy ur QTs...
shankar, thanks for the comment! what r u upto these days?

Apocalypse said...

hey! apping da...its UIUC for me this fall.

a comment abt ur online friendships... post: you seem to have gone round and round a point which doesnt get expressed clearly...i'll anywyas try reading it again to make more sense of it :)

that apart, great posts - cheers!!

madatadam said...

@shankar,
what do u know thats my style :-(..though am trying to correct it :-)..

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

- Julie

madatadam said...

hey thankoo da julie.. hrd u r with lehmann bros or smthing now.. so u reached the states yet?

Anonymous said...

Yes I've joined/will be joining Lehman. Am leaving for NY on this Saturday. Will be there till 4th September and then London.

- Julie

(gaucs[at]yahoo.co.in)