Saturday, July 29, 2006

More Questions

What is the one thing that makes me trudge this weary path, full of thistles and deadweed, leading perhaps to infamy, or worse, to oblivion? Or is there any one such thing ever in anyone's life? What is it that makes me wake everyday to live again the previous day's hundred mean dreams, to hear the unforgotten music bitter, meaningless to the ears, the mindless cacophony that I wish were sweet music to someone else's ears atleast, that I wish someone else told me was sweet? Why all the sweat when it means nothing but to me; why all the tools when there is no work today that will mean anything tomorrow or the day after? What is the purpose in all that has been when there is nothing that has to be; that will be? What am I doing? Where am I headed? What is the meaning of life? What is the point of it all anyway?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it lack of love?

madatadam said...

that of course directly follows from the cry for companionship but is that all? what about the other things - the utter uselessness of all that is deemed useful in this world once it has been used up? what about the big questions - the meaning, the purpose of life?

Anonymous said...

When I meant love, I did not just mean love from a companion. I meant your own love for the things you do.. the words you speak.. the air you breathe..

..and do you believe that you would be better off if you managed to find a use.. what if once the use is used up?

Why do you need a purpose? Purpose stains pure beauty..