Sunday, July 30, 2006

a Dream (in platitudes)

Yesterday I had a dream. Yes, I too had a dream. And it was beautiful and it was glorious. It was fucking stupendous for a simple dream. I was walking alone by a lake. The moon was out and all things shone bright. The ripples were calm and the trees just sighed; in the gentle breeze everything was right. Then over the water I saw someone. Floating on it and walking near. Dressed in white, the apparition moved like an angel dove in the summer sky. And a golden finger pointed to me and a silver voice called me by name. I was drawn in by intangible hands. And lifted over the baby waves. When I reached her, I saw her smile. The smile of an infant: a happy, heartwarming, a mysterious smile. I fell in love at first sight, dont blame me. I lost my heart at first sight, dont chide me. She smiled and smiled and I learnt to sigh. A hundred years we stood side by side. Then the devil appeared and whispered in my ear: Talk to her and make her yours. The lady with the dawn disappears when a hundred years of love's morbid fears have brought no word to her fawn-like ears. Ah! fool I was to take advice from wily serpent bred in vice. I opened my mouth and stammered out the uncouth syllables of an ungodly lout. A hundred times I heard myself say, a hundred times I heard myself bray(what it was I cannot say). And when I stopped for breath I saw her move. She glided from my side and soon there was darkness where she stood. The trees closed round and the lake boiled with horrible sounds like hell's turmoil. I tried to call her but no words came from the mouth that had sole cause to blame. And she smiled and smiled and soon was gone. While I started drowning in despond. A hundred years I drowned and drowned and in time I learnt that what goes, comes round. What a fucking idea I say! But of course tomorrow's another day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She should have been deaf or mad!

A beautiful dream...

madatadam said...

or maybe you arent supposed to talk - that might break the spell.. or some things may just not be destined to be..

anyways i think this can be adapted into a rock solo - that was the intent at least.. the dont blame me dont chide me lines are the refrain and a few guitar riffs can be added around them - what say? :)

Anonymous said...

Perhaps.. but let it remain a dream.. why give it to a hundred grimy hands and soil it..

maybe you can make a tiny song out of it and sing it in solitude..

And why do you say "Yes, I too had a dream." We all know you dream.. only you don't know what dreams may come..