Tuesday, July 25, 2006

a day in the life

A middling moon I see out of my window
Growing shadows on its fair surface
Long, short, long, short
Swish, swish goes her skirt
And I stop my lunar dreams.

What is it, I wonder, that keeps me up
Till the light is back where it all began
Yesterday in the early dawn?
It must not be long now before
I can go back to my morning dreams.

In the middle of the day a couple of sun-rays
Sneak past my barricaded window waking me up
To start another day from where I left off
Losing a few breaths, a few minutes of my life
Every hour to the unforgiving Hour.

And then it is evening and there is no time
To remember the day that is still today
What is gone, is gone
And there is some more to come before I see
The pock-marked moon and her elegant stride.

-Shyam

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to see the dark moon riding back on poetry clouds..

I too was waiting..

madatadam said...

busy at work.. what else can i say? :)

Anonymous said...

Yet work should not deprive us of the crumbs that fall from your table..